Monday, February 22, 2010

Handmade Love

I've been a fan of the Handmade Markets since discovering them on a lovely winters day at the Albert Hall. Miss Goosey and I had been painting her nursery (well, I had been painting, and she had been sleeping) and managed to finish just in time for a quick trip to this 'little' market I had read about online. Upon arriving at Albert Hall I was stunned to see the large crowd, particularly given that the markets were almost closing.

I was very surprised to find a stall (Handle with Care) selling modern cloth nappies. When I first started using cloth nappies on the Gander three years ago, modern cloth could only be bought online. So it was great to see a local business out there promoting a fantastic product, so that potential purchasers can feel the nappies and see how they work before buying them. Although Miss Goosey already has plenty of nappies handed down from her big brother, I couldn't resist buying her a cute pink BubbleBubs nappy.

The next Handmade Market was held at the Yarralumla Woolshed. Flib and I (and Miss Goosey too) had a lovely time checking out all the stalls. And there certainly were lots of stalls to look at! As usual, I made a few purchases for Miss Goosey, incluing a cute litle singlet from the very lovely ladies at Sweet Sista.

While I hope the next Handmade Market is a busy one for Goosey Gander and Flibbertigibbet, I am also crossing my fingers that I get just a little time to shop as well!

Mama Goose

No comments:

Post a Comment