Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Rain, rain, go away

I have this little rhyme stuck in my head at the moment. Miss Goosey likes to sing it, but she doesn't quite remember all the words, so her version goes like this:

Rain, rain,
Go away
Come back

Handmade Markets are only a few days away now, and it has been raining fairly solidly since Sunday. I hope it stops in time for the market. I've just checked the Bureau of Meteorology website, and it's not filling me with confidence:


Forecast for Saturday - Cloudy. Scattered showers. Isolated thunderstorms in the afternoon. Winds northeasterly and light.
Hmmmmm.
But back to Miss Goosey. Her other favourite song of the moment is 'Happy Birthday'. We've had a few birthdays in our house in the last few weeks - first The Gander turned 4, and then Miss Goosey turned 2 yesterday. Several of The Gander's friends have also had birthdays, so it has been a month of celebration. Birthdays are such important milestones as we grow up - it's sad that they seem to lose the magic as we get older. I'm enjoying reliving the excitment through the kids eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment