Monday, September 19, 2011

Sewing with kids

I’ve recently made an exciting discovery – I can sew with both kids awake. Perhaps somewhat slowly, but still, I can sew!

This is good news, because Miss Goosey seems to have given up her day sleep. She’ll be three in November, so I’m not complaining (The Gander gave his up shortly after turning two). But I do most of my sewing for my own kids when she is napping on the weekends, so it’s nice to know that I can still get some sewing done even if she is awake.

With the weather warming up, I need to get started on summer wardrobes for the kids. My internet shopping addiction means that their wardrobes are already pretty well stocked, but I like them to have at least a few ‘mummy-made’ pieces each season. And there is also the small matter of the overflowing fabric cupboard that means I really need to start using some of what I buy.

We took advantage of Canberra’s suddenly sunny weather and went to the opening day of Floriade on the weekend. Mr Hen Pecked was away enjoying some even sunnier weather in Cairns, so we took along a good friend of mine for company. She reminded me of the awful tantrum that The Gander threw at Floriade last year, but I’m pleased to say he was perfectly behaved this year, despite a few tears when his helium balloon went floating off into the sky.

Of course I couldn’t go to Floriade and not visit the Handmade pavillion. So I dragged my reluctant shoppers along (and managed to get them past the Lindsay and Edmund’s stall without them spotting their favourite teddybear choc-pops – luckily it was very crowded at Lindsay and Edmunds!). I did indulge in a little shopping for myself – I just couldn’t resist a sweet little pendant from Tick Tock Type. At the very reasonable price of only $10, who could resist it really?

I’m looking forward to the next Handmade Market on 1 and 2 October. Yes that’s right TWO whole days of Handmade loveliness. And Flib and I will be there for both the Saturday and the Sunday (Flib is even following it up with a week in the Floriade Handmade pavillion!).

Mama Goose

No comments:

Post a Comment