Saturday, April 24, 2010

My sewing space

Sewing time has become somewhat of a limited commodity around here of late. I miss the days that Miss Goosey would happily lie on the floor (without attempting to run off with my scissors, or play with my pins) while I cut out fabric. She slept for hours at a time, several times a day, and on The Gander's childcare day I was free to sew all day.

But things have changed. Miss Goosey is now *gasp* a toddler. And she is already showing interest in all things sewing..... particularly my scissors and pins. So sewing is something that only happens when both children are in bed at night.

On the up side, I have a lovely new sewing desk. It has room for my machine and my overlocker, and they both fit into the cupboards underneath to make packing up quick and easy. Mr Hen Pecked is happy that our dining table is no longer constantly covered in sewing things. And we can actually sit there to eat meals occasionally.

The draws of my new desk are not childproof though, so I have to be careful about what I store in there. Miss Goosey and The Gander love to pull out my ribbon box and decorate themselves (and the house) with lovely strings of colour. And this morning they discovered a new game:


1 comment:

  1. Yep - my tipsy toddler started walking into my sewing room right after Christmas. I can't let her in for more than a few minutes, because she finds all the shiny sharp stuff fascinating!

    Sounds like you've got a good system going, and there's always nap time to sew!

    ReplyDelete